Looking Ahead into 2016 – What’s Coming Up
Categories: Goals and Motivation, Instructional Coaching, Organization, Teaching Tips
Oh man, oh man. A lot has been going on behind the scenes here at MsHouser Headquarters, and I’m so super excited for the plans I’ve been crafting up for 2016. And those plans I’ve been crafting up, are really for you! More on that in just a sec, but let’s first take a quick look back at the accomplishments and celebrations of 2015:
- The number of MsHouser readers has grown to over 3,900!!! Everyday I get friendly emails and comments from the community, which is just so great.
- We (Luke and I, but mostly Luke) redesigned the site with a fresh, new color scheme.
- The Time & ToDo Planner, my first physical product, was launched and successfully funded through Kickstarter. This was one of my biggest and most celebrated accomplishments of the year. And I know many of you are making full use of it, so I’m thankful I chose to invest the time and energy into this project.
- I finally got around to updating my Resource Page this summer. This is chock full of many of the helpful resources I use in both my professional and personal life.
- The first MsHouser Annual Reader Survey was created and shared on the blog. With an overwhelming 763 reader responses collected, I learned so much about what’s working for the MsHouser community, but also what I can do even better…and that’s the exciting part!
After spending A LOT of time sifting through all the data collected, check out what I learned:
Lastly, many of you expressed with double exclamation marks…Don’t stop sharing!!
Don’t worry team! I’m going to keep this train going! And I’m going to keep it going strong.
As we look ahead into 2016, here are the highlights of what’s coming up:
INTERVIEW WITH A COACH/TEACHER SERIES
Many of you really enjoyed the post where I shared a “Day in My Life.” There were also several comments in the reader survey asking for more posts such as these. Well…I thought it would be really interesting to highlight other coaches and teachers, and their tricks and tools. What do you think?! I know, I’m excited too.
I’m looking for a few coaches and teachers to highlight in these posts. So, if you’d like to have a little chat with me and be featured on the site, please shoot me an email and let me know!
**I’ll also be opening the blog up to a few Guest Posts this year. If you are interested in providing value to the MsHouser community through your experiences as a coach or teacher, please contact me about being a guest author!
A WALK THROUGH A COACHING CYCLE SERIES – WITH VIDEOS!
When I was tallying up how many of you wanted more videos of coaching in action, there were a lot to mark down!
And sure, why not! I’ll be putting together a series of blog posts with videos, walking you through a full coaching cycle. I haven’t decided on the month I’ll release these yet, but it will likely be for the next Academic Year.
2016-2017 ACADEMIC TIME & TODO PLANNER
It’s coming(!!), and it’s going to be pretty awesome. We learned a lot after the first ever production and launch of the Time & ToDo Planner last year, and have been working hard on making this year’s planner even better.
The expected launch date is mid-April. You can sign up at timeandtodoplanner.com for additional info and updates.
A DIGITAL BOOK
Say what?! Yep, you heard me right. After five years of blogging, there is a ton of info on the site, but it’s not really organized in a way that’s super user friendly. And there are many of you who are new to coaching, and looking for a clear and well organized road-map for getting started and getting better. I think a book (with lots of visuals of course) is going to be a really helpful solution and resource for many of you.
If you have thoughts on info to be included, formatting, or anything else, here’s your chance to let me know! Please share your ideas in the comments below.
I may have a few other ideas up my sleeve, but these are the big ones I wanted to throw out there for now.
So much to look forward to, for sure!
I’m here to help make 2016 a fantastic year for you, and I hope you’re as excited as I am for these plans that will unfold throughout the year.
And remember, don’t forget to let me know:
What ideas/info would you love to see included in the Digital Book coming out this year?
Want to be a featured coach/teacher on the blog?
Thanks again and check you next week!
Love your postings and the materials that you share; I love that they reflect genuine teaching and real classroom experence! Finally, in my 15th year of teaching, I came across the Time and To Do Planner and I have finally found my teacher planner peace! Looking forward to 2016!
I love it Suzi!! That’s so terrific to hear :)